Saturday, February 27, 2010
Saute Garlic Chives With Pork Livers
Another great dish of pork liver and chives. I love the soft texture of lever and a mild garlic aroma of garlic chives, which perfectly complement each other.
Seasoning with fresh garlic, black pepper, soy sauce and a hint of rice cooking wine, creating a full Asian flavor for the table, and did I mention that they have a lot of good health benefit.
Any Garlic Chives In The Garden?
- hand full of garlic chives, cut into one inch long.
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, crushed.
- half piece of pork liver, cut into small bite pieces.
- 1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. rice wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. oil
1. Heat up a wok until hot, add oil into a wok.
2. Add garlic saute until fragrant.
3. In goes, pork liver, stir and add a half cup of water, keep stirring until liver turn opaque, but still have blood seeping through.
4. Add garlic chives, stir.
5. Start seasoning with soy sauce, sugar, white vinegar and rice cooking wine. Stir until there is no blood on the liver.
6. Sprinkle with crushed black pepper. Turn off the heat.
7. Serve with steamed rice.