Sunday, February 28, 2010
Crab Fried Rice, Koa Pad Poo
Poo is a crab in English.
Whenever I have some crabs left over from the other day, I usually take time to pick all the crab meat out, so the next day I can make this delicious fried rice with it.
Making fried rice is a good way to turn the left-overs into a new dish that is very delicious and easy to make. Next time you have steamed rice left over from your Chinese day, don't throw it away. Make fried rice.
Five minutes, done!
- left-over steamed rice is the best.
- crab meat
- 2 eggs, beaten.
- fresh garlic, crushed.
- carrot, snow pea, green onion, cut into small pieces.
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- white pepper powder
1. Heat up a wok, drizzling in oil.
2. Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
3. Put in crab meat, follow with beaten egg. Give a quick stir until crab meats are lightly coated with egg.
4. In goes, steamed rice, carrot, snow pea, make quick stir for everything coming together.
5. Start seasoning with fish sauce, sugar and white pepper powder. Sprinkle with green onion. Taste and adjust the taste you like.
6 Serve with chili fish sauce and a wedge of lemon - sprinkle over it before eating.
Num Pla Prik (Chili fish sauce)