Sunday, March 13, 2011
Stir-fried Shrimps with Broccoli
Another quick and easy dish to make. Nothing much for the prep. - cut broccoli, cleaned shrimps, crushed garlic, and it takes only five minutes on the heat.
It's a light dish that I love to make to accompany with some heavy dishes like spicy curry or some meaty dishes, and eat with steamed rice.
Fresh and Fresh
- One small head of fresh broccoli, cut.
- Fresh shrimps, cleaned and deveined.
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed.
- Ground black pepper.
- 2 tbsp.olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
1. A wok on high heat, add olive oil and crushed garlic, saute until fragrant.
2. Add shrimps, give a quick stir just for the shrimps about to turn opaque, add broccoli. Stir.
3. Start seasoning with fish sauce, sugar, white vinegar. If it's too dry, add 1 tbsp. water.
4. Give a quick stir until the shrimps cook through, 1-2 minutes, sprinkle with black pepper.
5. Taste, and adjust the taste. Turn off the heat. Serve.
I got orangey sauce because of all heads of shrimp that I keep them intact. They always make tasty sauce.