Monday, August 18, 2008

The Ladies of The Kingdom

I don't know if I am biting off more than I can chew to manage three blogs together. Well, call me crazy, I'll take a bow.

After long debating (between my right and left ears) whether or not to open another blog, I've decided to do so and would like to dedicate this blog to ladies of my heart - mom, aunt and grandma who has been cooking for me and feeding me since I know how to open my mouth for tasty food, until now, how to cook yummy foods.

Mom is an excellent cook, not only to our family, she is to others, too. She's been catering since I remember growing up. Her well-known Massaman Curry and Kanoom-Jeen-Nam-Ya is still to die for. As other Thai-Southerner, mom LOVEEEE spicy food and never shy about her spices when she cooks. Often that I automatically "cry" while scooping her Kanoom-Jeen-Mam-Ya into my burning mouth and that when a BIGGG tray of assorted, fresh vegetables comes to recuse.

Aunt whom I grew up with is a modern cook. She loves to try on new recipes from cookbooks by herself and have me as her personal Guinea Pig. I was such a good girl, back then, who always told the truth and it caused me to nibble more and more till she got it right....Now, I thank her for that because my taste buds are boot camp trained to pin point exactly the right taste.

Grandma, our kitchen CEO. She will make sure that there is always food in the kitchen when somebody whines "I'mmmmm hungryyyy." and if there is not enough food, she would use her magic wand, aka spatula, to bring out the food for just a split second. Though she is now ninety-two, she still loves making a delicious fish dish for everyone.


These are my big influences when it comes to my cooking. Even though I never cook for myself when I was with them, I was always eyeballing and nibbling around them in the kitchen.

These blog is truly dedicated to them, the ladies of my heart, who always makes sure I eat today.

Oh...and DAD....of course (feel like a beauty pageant), you are a man of my heart too, but these kitchen is ruled by the ladies of the kingdom. So, for now, you can just sit leisurely and enjoy our "royal" food.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...