Yum Kai Tom
At my house, another yummy way, among many ways, to eat eggs is to dress hard boiled eggs with spicy Thai salad dressing. It's an easy dish for the table - easy to cook, easy to eat - nobody says No to it.
It makes a great side-dish eat with stir-fried vegetable dishes, curry dishes etc. It can even stand alone at the party as an appetizer.
The Thai spicy dressing give the tasteless eggs more flavorful. The freshness of shallots, garlic, cilantro leaves and chilies add more to the layers of taste.
Start with hard boiled eggs
- 3 small heads of shallot, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 Thai chilies, minced
- Cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp. finely ground dried-shrimp
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
Finish it within a blink
1. Put the eggs to the hard boiled. Peel them nicely after resting for cooling. Cut them up into four pieces for each egg - be ready on a serving plate.
2. In a small bowl, mix up all the dressing ingredients (except ground dried shrimp) together. Taste and adjust the taste as you like.
3. Pour the dressing on the eggs, top with dried-shrimp all over the eggs.